Aim & Objective
The Scheme aims at enhancing the skilling capacities in ESDM sector through public and private sector for students/unemployed youth belonging to other disciplines by:
- Utilizing the existing human resource who are undergoing studies in schools (IX standard onwards)/ITIs/Polytechnics/UG Colleges (non-engineering) and the school drop outs/unemployed youth by providing them with additional skills that are recognized by industry for employment in ESDM sector.
- Encouraging new investments in training in ESDM sector by industry.
- Facilitating evolving of process/norms for (i) certification of various courses; (ii) providing opportunities for moving up the value chain; and (iii) recognition of institutions for conducting such courses, as per requirement of Industry in the ESDM sector.
(I) 'Scheme for Financial Assistance to select States/UTs for Skill Development in Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) sector'
To provide financial assistance for facilitating skill development for 90,000 persons in ESDM sector by involving the States/UTs in the country for improving the employability of the students/unemployed youth.
(II) Scheme for 'Skill Development in ESDM for Digital India'
To provide financial assistance for facilitating skill development for 3,28,000 persons in ESDM sector by involving the States/UTs in the country for improving the employability of the students/unemployed youth.
Duration of the Scheme
The scheme will be in operation for four (04) years.
Specific targets to be achieved
- The scheme is targeted to cover 4,18,000 candidates in all States/UTs of the country
- The scheme is proposed to target the following beneficiaries:
- Students studying at
• IX/X standards onwards
• Under Graduate (Non-Engineering)
- Unemployed youth (indicative list)
• School dropouts from 8th Pass onwards
• ITI Certificate Holders
• Diploma holders
• Registrants in Employment Exchanges
• Unemployed resources in the Non-formal Sector